Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Module 3













































In my first image I was targeting people of Hispanic descent. The caption is basically saying help wanted. The image that goes along with it is supposed to speak that they are in need of people to do lawn care work. I know that it is a very horrible stereotype but that does not mean that it does not exist. A lot of people in today’s society feel that Mexicans are the ones that work the low paying/crapy jobs. A big example would be mowing lawns and others include picking fruits and construction work.

Even though my image is suppose to be targeting the Hispanic population I would want everyone to see it. I feel like if people saw for their own eyes this terrible stereotype then maybe it would start to get people to change their views. I used original black font to show that it is a stereotype that is automatically instilled in people’s opinions. I used that font type because I feel like that it was the perfect font to write out Spanish words; it kind of has a Spanish feel to it.

This image shows the shocking judgment that people have towards the Hispanic population and I feel like everyone is suppose to be treated as equals. My main goal is to make people feel bad about this stereotype and become considerate towards the Hispanic people, and maybe eventually ending the terrible stereotype for good.

My second image is targeting the whole population of America. The caption says is freedom really free and the background is a grave site for war veterans. The message I am trying to get across is that the freedom we all get to enjoy costs many people their lives. America is always trying to help out other countries when they are in need and our people have to suffer the repercussions. Yes they give us our freedom but at what price? For example Vietnam was in need and what does America do, they hold a draft to force all young men to serve in the army. To me that is not freedom you should be able to choose whether you want to serve or not. Though Uncle Sam has different views and if he “wants you” he is going to get you. So in reality whether the government makes you serve in the military or tells you to pay all of your taxes, you are paying for your freedom.

In my voting billboard the population I was targeting was college students, especially since I am one. Many college kids including myself never turn down free stuff, the reason being is most of them are broke. I feel like if you had posters hung up all around the campus advertising a free t-shirt that alone would give them incentive to go out and vote. I mean that gives them another day to push off doing their laundry since there is never enough time in one day.

I used a t-shirt as my billboard outline since my main point in my slogan is giving out a free t-shirt. I used the colors red, white, and blue since those are patriotic colors. I wanted my font to be fun and just draw the reader in. Since my readers are mostly going to be college students I figured going a more amusing way would work out for the best.

The language that I used is very relaxed and informal. I used it in that kind of way because I feel like it can be easily relatable to a younger population. The billboard is suppose to make the reader interested but at the same time just be very simple.







No comments:

Post a Comment