Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Module 2 Memo

Jessica Reich

ENC 3416

September 26, 2010

I choose to do this song because it is about missing someone that you have lost and they were very close to you. A couple of weeks ago I lost my grandma and I had a very very close relationship with her. I figured this would be an appropriate song to portray how I am dealing with losing her.

I started off with alignment and I did that by making the text different colors to make the shape of a big heart, and a little one inside it. I had to make sure the white and black text was lined up in the right way so the viewer can easily perceive that the design is two hearts.

Next was the contrast in my design. The background is just grey which is considered a neutral color; it has no meaning. Now there is meaning when it comes to the two hearts. The first one is bigger and is white; that is to represent the time that I had my grandma in my life. My heart was fuller and the white is supposed to represent better. Meaning I was a better, happier person when my grandma was still alive. The second heart is smaller and inside the first heart. This is supposed to represent that it is the same heart but has just gotten smaller. The heart shrunk because it is aching and not as strong as it used to be. The second heart is black because it means that I am worse off, when I lost my grandma. I became a depressed, unhappy person who felt like there was a dark cloud blocking all the light that was shinning in my world.

Next is the reason behind certain words in the design being a different font/ size. I have the word mean is a friendly font because it is suppose to represent that my grandma means a lot to me. The bond to break is in a melting font and that represents how her passing deteriorated our relationship. I have missing you is kind of a ghostly font to show that she is gone in another world now but I am and will always be missing you. Now memories is the word that is the biggest and that is to show that it is dominating all the other words. No matter how sad I am I can just look back on all the good times that we had together and it will put me in a better word. There is nothing to can overcome the memories that I have with my grandma.

With having good alignment, a noticeable contrast, and certain words being a different font/ size I feel like the viewer will be able to interpret the gist of the message I am trying to portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment